The World’s Best “Green” Degreaser Just Turned Blue
Cleaning different layers of engine grease, grime, dirt, and environmental deposits from marine engines and industrial parts can be labor-intensive and costly. How often do you mix toxic commercial degreasers extra strong and still have to oversaturate and scrub to degrease a marine or industrial engine?
Product overuse and extra labor equate to money and time wasted. Not to mention what breathing toxic fumes is doing to you and your team. Our EPA certified Safer Choice L-44® ECDB Degreaser is the perfect solution with the perfect dilution – every time!
Why We Turned L-44 ECD Blue
Originally, we conducted performance testing with L-44 ECD on many different layers of engine grease, grime, and dirt. As you might expect, we found the length of time diesel soils, airborne dirt, and dust particles have been in contact with surfaces increases the difficulty of their removal, requiring different dilutions of L-44 ECD.
The challenge we encountered was that the product user had no idea if he was using straight L-44 ECD or just water. After intense scrutiny by the EPA, we added the blue colorant and Safer Choice L-44 ECDB was born. The color is now an easy visual indicator for your team to see when the product is diluted at the proper ratio, eliminating the “guesswork” of measuring and product waste.
From our extensive in-use field trials and data using L-44 ECDB, we determined the best dilution ratio for cost-effective, fast acting (2-3 minutes), safe degreasing of most grease and grime is one part of L-44 ECDB to nine parts water (9:1). This dilution ratio is equal to 1-quart of L-44 in a 2 ½ gallon Hudson-style pump sprayer.
Many Degreasing Benefits With Blue
For your toughest maritime, airplane, industrial, and diesel engines, L-44 ECDB will save you time and effort when degreasing while keeping a tight control over the budget. L-44 ECDB is available in cases of four 1-gallon jugs, 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon drums, and 275-gallon totes.
- Certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for meeting the Safer Choice Program standards, which ensures layers of safety.
- Exceeds EPA’s Vessel General Permit (VGP) standards for Aquatic Toxicity and Total Product Biodegradability.
- Industry-leading superior cleaning performance compared to nationally recognized products.
- Will not cause permanent eye damage! Classified as only, “mildly irritating to the eye.”
- Industry-leading cleaning performance compared to nationally recognized products.
- Powerful super-concentrated budget-friendly degreaser – less product cleans more.
- Specially designed to clean the toughest industrial and maritime soils.
- Quick and efficient – 2 to 3 minutes of direct contact cleans with remarkable results.
- Environmentally sound; no environmental bio-accumulation.
- By-products of the degradation process are non-toxic.
- Safer Choice formulation eliminates worker exposure injuries.
- Contains No VOC’s; No NPE’s; No Solvents; No Phosphates or Phosphorus bearing
- Eliminates toxic residuals that are common with other degreasers.
- Contains no carcinogens or reproductive toxicants.
- Non-corrosive formula safe for use on plastics, fiberglass, and metals, including aluminum.
- Will not attack or fade paint.
- Frees up time so you can get more done with less scrubbing.
- Not regulated – no hazmat shipping fees.
How to Use L-44 ECDB
L-44 ECDB Degreaser was specifically designed for cleaning stubborn maritime and river diesel engines, though it cleans anything it comes in contact with. It is easily applied in a variety of ways including Hudson type sprayers, mop and bucket, spray bottles, walk behind, ride-on scrubbers, and more.
We suggest a starting dilution of 1 part product to 5 parts water for heavy soils, and for regular cleaning, 1 part L-44 to 9 parts water. The blue color makes it easy for your team to see when it is diluted properly and cuts down on overuse.
If a stronger concentration is required for layers of stubborn grease and oil, a deeper shade of blue will be a guide to the strength that works best for your initial needs. After the first deep cleaning, you can rely on the 9:1 dilution rate for fast, effective cleaning and cost control. Even
at a stronger concentration, L-44 ECDB is an environmentally safe choice.
How L44 ECDB Became an EPA Safer Choice Product
Due to the tight regulations with which marine and river operations must comply, over a decade ago, it became our main goal to develop products that could be verified for worker and environmental safety.
We stood firm that not only must our formulations provide the best possible cleaning efficiencies, but the real essence of our goal was to substantiate and verify these advantages through independent and outside qualified agencies. In 2009, L-44 ECD was granted that verification and became a certified EPA Safer Choice product.
At the time of our initial submission for L-44, the EPA had yet to finalize their screens to assess the toxicities of colorants. Therefore, when L-44 ECD was certified by the EPA under their Safer Choice Guidelines for Safer Chemistry, the original formulation was colorless.
To simply add a colorant to an existing certified product is not an option under the provisions of the Safer Choice Program. In fact, this minor addition would alter the formulation granted the right to bear the EPA/Safer Choice Logo. Even very small additions of colorants, dyes, or fragrances are specifically studied under laboratory examinations for their compatibility with the standards of the EPA’s criteria before the right for use of the EPA/Safer Choice Logo is granted.
We felt adding blue colorant to L-44 ECD was important to its cost-effectiveness and resubmitted L-44 for the lengthy Safer Choice certification process. It was re-reviewed for its own toxicology profile and considered for recognition as a new product. This may seem a redundant examination – however – it is a powerful example of the serious and critical evaluations applied to any submitted formulation.
We are proud to say – L-44 ECDB is a certified Safer Choice product that provides the best cleaning power in the industry. If you read our testimonials, you’ll see why L-44 is the preferred degreaser/general cleaner among maritime, industrial, government, aerospace, and automotive customers.
Order Your “Blue” Safer Choice L-44 Today
Custom Compounders is your partner for a safer, greener work environment and a better world. If you’re ready to save time and money while using the best degreaser on the market, go ahead – contact us for your first shipment of L-44 ECDB. We offer special pricing for multiple cases and automatic reorder is available. 855-638-8661