Oil Water Separator Cleaning & Maintenance
Recapturing or recycling the oils from your facilities wastewater outflow? L-44® OSD Degreaser is a high-performing EPA-certified Safer Choice degreaser tailored for oil water separator (OWS) units that assist with increasing processing capacities and enhancing oil content monitor (OCM) accuracies.
The Best OWS Operations & Maintenance
The heavy regulations governing oil presence in discharged water limits oil content in some cases to as low as 15 parts per million (ppm) or less. When dealing with inspections by the EPA to ensure compliance of proper operation of Oil Water Separators, record keeping, and maintenance histories of your OWS units, you want to be certain your OCM is operating accurately.
So what does your OWS degreaser have to do with this compliance?
L-44® OSD Improves Water Discharge Rates
Depending on the degreaser used – you could be dramatically affecting the rate at which water is discharged and the accuracy of the oil-to-water OCM reading. Regardless of onboard or land-based OWS operations, the use of harsh chemicals in most commercial degreasers can have a substantial impact on the efficiency and accuracy of an OWS’s oil content monitor (OCM).
The use of a degreaser with poorly chosen ingredients can impede the rate at which water is discharged and interfere with the OCM’s ability to accurately determine the true oil content of your waste water.
As confirmed by its Safer Choice label, L-44® OSD was formulated to provide excellent degreasing for your cleaning chores with a pinpoint focus on enhancing OWS operations and improving OCM accuracies.
Benefits of OSD
L-44® OSD is available in cases of four 1-gallon jugs, 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon drums, and 275-gallon totes.
- Certified by the EPA for direct release into the environment.
- Enhances the efficiency of Oil Water Separators and Oil Content Monitors.
- Degreases engine room and OWS operations.
- Saves using costly bilge servicing companies.
- Improves accuracy of OCM readings.
- Assists with federal compliance assurance.
- Certified as an EPA Safer Choice product.
- Qualifies for direct release into the environment.
- Recognized for top cleaning performance.
- Quick and efficient – 2 to 3 minutes of direct contact cleans with remarkable results.
- Eliminates worker exposure injuries.
- Non-corrosive; safe for use on plastics, fiberglass, and metals.
- Will not attack or fade paint.
- Eliminates toxic residuals that are common with other cleaners.
- Not regulated – no hazmat shipping fees.
- Contains No VOC’s; No NPE’s; No Solvents; No Phosphates or Phosphorus-bearing
- Eliminates toxic residuals that are common with other degreasers.
- Contains no carcinogens or reproductive toxicants.
How to Use L-44® OSD
We suggest a starting dilution of 1 part product to 5 parts water for heavy soil, and for regularly cleaned surfaces, 1 part L-44® to 9 parts water. The 9:1 ratio is equal to 1-quart of L-44® in a 2 ½ gallon Hudson-style pump sprayer. Thorough saturation for 2-3 minutes will provide the best results, followed by a final rinse with pressurized water.
Oily Water Separator Safeties
For over two years, with the cooperative assistance and feedback from maritime companies using L-44® OSD, the formulation was finalized, presented to the EPA, certified Safer Choice as of May of 2018, and qualifies for direct release into the environment.
With our EPA certification now in hand, we are free to pursue the VGP Aquatic Toxicity and Biodegradability certifications, as well as the Ocular Exposure Study that we have for all other products bearing our L-44® U.S. Patent Office Registered Trademark.
Enhance OWS Efficiency Today
If you’re ready to safely clean your facilities and take back control of your OWS efficiency and costs, high-performance L-44® OSD is the answer. Contact us today to order your first shipment and be sure to ask about our special pricing for larger quantities and our convenient automatic reordering. 855-638-8661