L-44® Awards & Certifications
After nearly two years of research and technical cooperation with outside expertise, we finalized the formulation for L-44® ECD. We were honored and particularly privileged to receive industry participation in testing product efficiency from a number of river operations.
With the cooperation of an industry fleet operation, the final formulation was evaluated for performance against a nationally recognized name brand product. After six months of field trials, the final formulation was successfully approved and ultimately presented to the Safer Choice Program for review under Safer Choice’s Standard for Safer Cleaning Products.
To qualify and be certified by the Safer Choice Program:
- A product undergoes rigorous evaluation involving a detailed submission of the ingredients to an approved third party profiler for review of the toxicology concerns as they apply to both human health and the environment.
- Additionally, the results of performance/cleaning efficiency evaluations specific to the product’s intended use are submitted. These rigorous evaluation criteria are mandated by the U.S. EPA’s Safer Choice Program to ensure the manufacturing and use of products with safer ingredients also meet high-performance standards.
We are pleased that our company and L-44®line of products have been honored with a Partnership in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Safer Choice Program. L-44® ECD, L-44®ECDB, L-44®SSC, L-44®OSD degreasers and cleaners meet the stringent health, safety, and performance criteria, crowning these products with the Safer Choice label.
What Safer Choice Means For You
When you see the Safer Choice label on a product, it means that EPA’s scientific review team has evaluated every ingredient for potential human health and environmental effects and allowed only the safest ingredients that meet stringent EPA criteria to be used.
Safer Choice labeled products are free from known chemicals of potential concern such as carcinogens, reproductive, and developmental toxicants. Even minor product components like dyes and fragrances are screened for safety.
Our right of use for the U.S. EPA/Safer Choice logo simply proves that L-44® products meet all considerations for environmental and human health characteristics based on currently available scientific understandings. Recognition of any product does not constitute an endorsement by the EPA.
Once we received the EPA Safer Choice designation, we were able to pursue and acquired VGP Aquatic Toxicity and Biodegradability certifications, as well as the Ocular Exposure Study for all products bearing our L-44® U.S. Patent Office Registered Trademark.
L-44®SSC Soogee is also certified and recognized by CleanGredients, GreenBlue, NSF International, and The Safer Choice Team.
- Recognized for safer chemistry by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Recognized by EPA’s Safer Choice Program as safer for the worker and the environment
- L-44®SSC Soogee certified and recognized by CleanGredients, GreenBlue, NSF International, and The Safer Choice Team.
- Partnership Agreement with the U.S. EPA’s Safer Choice Program
- Approved for the use of the U.S. EPA/Safer Choice Label
- NSF International Approved Toxicology Profile as pertains to our environment
- NSF Approved Toxicology Profile for the concerns of human health
- VGP Aquatic Toxicity and Biodegradability certifications
- Ocular Exposure Study
- No Phosphates or volatile organic compounds (no VOCs)
- Will not degrade air quality
Worker Exposure Concerns:
- Health Canada, Determination of Alkali Reserve, C-14.2; not corrosive to skin
Performance Testing Certifications:
- ASTM D4488-A5; Excellent Performance
- ASTM D4488-A6; Excellent Performance
- CSPA DCC-17; Excellent Performance
- ASTM G31-72 NACE Standard Corrosion Tests; Not corrosive to Metals
Department of Transportation (DOT) Certifications:
- Not Corrosive
- Not Regulated
- No Hazmat shipping fees
Help Us Protect the Environment & Human Health
Be sure to look for the U.S. EPA/Safer Choice Logo on all the products you use. If you don’t see the Safer Choice logo, contact us today, 855-638-8661, and switch your cleaning and degreasing products to the most effective, cost-saving, time-saving, environmentally- and human-safe degreasers and cleaners on the market. We are proud we qualify for the use of this prestigious logo.